Monday, April 26, 2010

Caloundra



One of my favourite places in the world is Caloundra and I'm fortunate enough to live only a 15 to 20 minute drive away. I love walking along the boardwalk, looking at the ocean and of course, stopping for a coffee. It's a place that I've been going for as long as I can remember for fish and chips and any of those other beachy activities due to the numerous beaches throughout the area.



I had the chance to go out and spend some time to myself and on such a gorgeous day I couldn't not go down to the water. It draws me to it in any weather really but on a day like today there's just something magical about the ocean.

I spent quite awhile in a cafe at Bulcock Beach before the wind got up a bit and the kite surfers came out. You can always tell when it gets a bit windy when you start to see their sails in the air.



It was just such a lovely morning drinking coffee, having brunch of haloumi, mushrooms and pesto on toast and then wandering the boardwalk and haunting my favourite shop in Caloundra. It's a bookstore of course and a second hand one at that so there's plenty in the large, musty space to keep me occupied.



We even went back down in the afternoon with the kids because we decided that with the wind about it would be perfect kite flying weather. We found a spot near a park when the tide was out to give us some extra room but unfortunately the fun didn't last too long. The kite got broken but the kids had lost interest in that long before that moment and were busy exploring the puddles and ripply, bubbly sand looking for shells and crabs.



Thank goodness for organised mums because Master M face planted in a puddle and was completely soaked so he had to get changed. Rather than risk another splashy episode (no more changes of clothes!), we decided that coming home to play in the backyard was a pretty good option. The kids are happy with that and now with the wine bottle opened, so are we!

No comments: