Friday, April 16, 2010

Shopping



After a brief day at work I then realised that I had some rare hours to myself. Now normally I'd go home to spend that rare time alone doing things that I wouldn't have to feel guilty doing if the kids were home, but I decided to go shopping instead!

I had an ulterior motive for this as I wanted to buy a nice outfit for my graduation. I do have one thing that I can wear the would be reasonably nice and that fits me since having the children (I've got plenty of 'before children' dresses that would be perfect), but I decided that I deserved something nice and new. The purple dress in the above image is what I ended up buying and I know that hanging behind a door might not do it too much justice but I'll see if I can get a nice photo of me in it on my graduation night. Lets hope I can do it more justice than the hanger does!! I love it and feel comfortable in it so that's all that really matters I suppose isn't it? Agree with me please!!




I also bought a few books while I was out and anyone that really knows me won't be too surprised about that as I LOVE books. I bought a new crochet book which has lots of clothing patterns that aren't the old 1970's crochet clothing that I grew up with thank goodness. I also bought a new diary which I'm in desperate need of because I'm completely unorganised and forgetful if everything's not written in my diary. My old one finishes soon so I needed a new one to fit July appointments in it. Can't believe I'm making appointments for July already, where on earth has the time gone so far!!!! We've only just celebrated New Years for goodness sakes!

The third book is the one that I'm really stopping myself from opening is Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier. She's one of my favourite authors and I've been looking for this book for awhile and I finally have it. I just have to try to contain myself and not open it this evening as I'll probably end up reading it all night. Not good when I have work tomorrow but I can feel its pull and it seems to be calling to me. Maybe I'll have to give it to S (hubby) to hide it from me until tomorrow. He might not give it back though so I'd better try some self control. I can do it, I know I can!!!

No comments: