Monday, April 4, 2011

A day in life:: Monday

Monday is still part of the weekend for me but that's only because I work on a Saturday at the moment so Sunday and Monday are technically my 'weekend' days.



I really like having Monday's off, not only because it is a day when I don't have to go to work but it's also a day I get to spend with my little man. As the second born, he doesn't get to spend that much one on one time with his parents so I've discovered that Monday's can be special days indeed.



My day started early with both children coming in to make sure I was awake and there was plently of cuddle time. There was also plenty of kicking time because two excited children in bed with mummy can't quite control all of their limbs.......ouch!!!!!


After finally getting out of bed it was time for breaky and the unanimous decision was porridge this morning. Now I do make a pretty good porridge and although it's made traditionally, it's definately yummy and well received in our household.


The kidlettes absolutely LOVE to help out because they love anything to do with cooking so much. It's just that there's lots of finger licking and double dipping so it's good that we don't have guests staying. (I'll give you my cheat's porridge recipe later)


Then it was time to make lunch for Little Miss R to go off to school so Cheesy vegemite sandwiches, apple, cheese and crackers, yoghurt and some watermelon are what get chopped up for the lunch box.

After dropping Little Miss R at school we head around to Nan and Poppy's because they are looking after Master R today (cousin to my cherubs). As there's only 3 month's between my Master M and Master R and they get along really well, we try to get them together as much as possible for a play. The only problem is the NOISE when both of them are together. I swear we need ear plugs!!

Then after a couple of hours of good play it was time to get home and finish the washing. I really hope those clouds stay away and I can get everything dry because it's still a bit too warm to be using a dryer which will heat the whole house up.



About lunch time Master M went down for his nap which I am so grateful for. Even at 3 years of age he still has a couple of hours sleep during the day and I will forever be grateful for this luxury especially as his elder sister never slept for more than 30-40 minutes from about 3 months of age!



Some happy hooky time for me I think. I could be doing some cleaning, painting, packing etc but I honestly couldn't be bothered and my toe is sore so I think some hooky time is the way to go. :)



All too soon it was time to pick up Little Miss R from school so off it was to find a car park somewhere in the vicinity of the school, then a walk through the Prep kitchen garden......

.....to pick up my little girl who was so excited because she had show and tell that day. Isn't the kitchen garden fabulous!!! Prep to Year 3 look after this garden and they get to learn all about looking

Then it was home for some more play time and a game of cricket with the kids next door. I then made some sausage rolls with some veges for dinner which went down a real treat as EVERYTHING on their plates was eaten.


So Monday was a pretty good day in our household this week. Next week it's the school holidays so I'll have to think of something I can get out and do with the kidlettes.


Susan xxxxxxxx


P.S. My porridge recipe


1 cup rolled oats

about 4-5 scoops of powdered milk (enough to make about 1 cup)

2 tablespoons brown sugar

2 1/2 cups of water


Put all in a microwave proof bowl, stir then microwave on high with the lid off for 4 minutes. Stir then microwave for a further 3 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes before serving. (I usually pop the kids bowls in the freezer to cool it down quickly or else I put an ice cube in it)


The powdered milk just makes it creamier and you can leave the brown sugar out if you like. I do that sometimes and add some honey and cinnamon before eating. Yummmmmmm!!!!

No comments: