Monday, June 20, 2011

Bring on the biscuits...

With my grocery challenge under way I've found that I'm doing a lot more home baking.  It's not only a hell of a lot cheaper than buying those sweet little treats but I've also found that I'm thoroughly enjoying it. 

The latest baking treat has been biscuits as we still have a heap of cupcakes in the freezer so I won't need to bake them again for another couple of weeks (I hope!)

I made the traditional Anzac biscuit on Sunday and making smallish size ones I ended up with about 50 of them.  Not that many made it into the biscuit barrel as quite a few went missing while they were cooling down.  Little fingers kept sneaking them away and Daddy was even getting little fingers to sneak some for him too!

I've also been having a go making my own cracker biscuits which are so EASY....honestly!  I made them for the first time a couple of weeks ago and as I had the oven on, I decided to whip up another batch and try to work on the flavour a bit. 

My favourite cracker biscuits are an olive oil and sea salt biscuit so after I had rolled out the pastry, I sprinkled it with salt, sprayed it with some olive oil then sprinkled it with a bit of paprika for some colour.  I then rolled the flavouring into it with the rolling pin, cut it up and popped the biscuits in the oven.

Voila!!  My homemade sea salt and olive oil crackers. 


They are a hit with the family, even more so than the Anzac biscuits which is a big surprise.

Enjoy your week.

xx Susan

No comments: