Friday, August 5, 2011

Grocery challenge:: Week 8

The final week!

So how did I go this week?

Amazingly well actually.  I spent only $58.25 although I could have stocked up a bit and spent the whole $80 as our freezer and pantry are really pretty bare right now. 

I have to say that this has been a really interesting experiment and I'm glad I've done it over an extended period.  There are weeks when you find it all easy to do and the planning just comes together.

Then there are weeks when everything turns to pot and it's such a struggle to think about anything let alone a week's worth of food!

I've done it though and am very proud of myself.  All up in the 8 weeks I've had a total budget of $640  and I have spent a total of $626.61.

It's certainly made me look at what we spend in all areas of our life, not only groceries and I don't think I'll ever go back to spending as much on groceries as I have previously.  I find now that how much I was spending before was such a waste.


 
I now have to be careful and not go overboard with re-stocking everything on our next shop and spending way too much.

Hope you all are challenging yourself to do something a little different in your lives.

xx Susan

No comments: