Monday, September 5, 2011

Hubby's blanket ta-dah!

Lovely Hubby's blanket is now finished! 

Actually I finished it before we went away on our little break but didn't get around to photographing it until now.

It's a single bed size, just nice to cover him up completely while lounging back in the recliner!  (Visions of comfort)



I've decided that I really LOVE to make granny stripe blankets, they're so easy and there's something quite mindless about doing them.  Perhaps that's why I like them as I'm constantly interrupted by the kidlettes and it's so easy to pick up where I left off.

The edging was 3 rows of treble crochet in plum then a sort of a scalloped, wavy edge in the pale green which really sets the blanket off.



I have to say that I really do like this blanket so I'm glad this one's staying in the family.

I'm still working on more Christmas blankets for the nieces and nephews.  The next couple will probably be granny stripe ones too as they're quite quick to do and I want to get them completed well before Christmas so I can concentrate on other things.

Will update you on my next blankets and projects when I get the chance.

xx Susan

No comments: