Saturday, September 24, 2011

Treasures

I've been doing a lot of decluttering lately and things are starting to look a bit better in my house.  Maybe I should say in the cupboards because that's where I seem to be decluttering most.

While cleaning out a cabinet in my bedroom yesterday I found a plastic bag full of treasures, including an old wooden jewellrey box that had been missing for I don't know how long.  (Years in fact!)

The below photo shows just a few of the things I found but they're the most precious to me.

 

This little hedgehog was a gift for my 24th birthday from friends in England when I was travelling there with my sister.  I had my birthday in Edinburgh and our friends had given my sister a couple of little gifts for me so that I had something to open on my birthday.

It was really sweet so this little fella reminds me of that time.


These small perfume bottles are beautifully decorated and if anyone's been to Venice then they'll probably recognise them. 

 I was given the middle clear one by my sister as a gift the first time she went to Europe and the others I bought in Venice myself when I went there about 8 years ago.  I can't believe it's been that long!


Now I'm not really a doily person but when I was living in Airlie Beach in my early 20's, my Grandma came to visit and whipped this up when I was at work one day.

I've always kept it because I was amazed that she could make some cheap thread that I'd bought to hang up Christmas cards into something like this. 

It's got a sparkly thread to it which makes it look quite pretty and it's something that always reminds me of my Grandma, especially as she's now no longer with us.


Finally there's some jewellrey which I had been missing for quite some time (obviously) and which I had been searching for lately.

The small round diamond was a gift from my daughter for my first ever Mother's day when she was a baby. 

The second necklace watch was a gift from my Uncle for my 21st birthday and I just LOVE it. 



I can't tell you how happy I am to have some of my treasures back.  I'm wearing my Mother's day necklace now, am planning to take the watch to the jewellers to get it working again and now have to clear a space on my dresser to put my other treasures.

More decluttering to come!!

It makes me wonder what else I'll find when I'm clearing out the cupboards.

Hope you all have a great day.

xx Susan

No comments: