Saturday, September 10, 2011

An undulating week

It's been a bit of a up and down week here in our household.

It started with the sad passing of my cousin Glen on Sunday and then his beautiful, but sad funeral yesterday (Friday).

I've had a couple of lovely moments to myself with Lovely hubby looking after the kids while I've been able to escape for awhile.  It doesn't happen often but when it does it's just bliss.

I've been doing bits and pieces of crochet, trying to get the next blanket finished for Christmas.

I received this yarn in the post a few weeks ago amid much squealing and excitement.  The weather was pretty rubbish at the time so the colours haven't come up as well but it's all just so lovely!


Then during this week I received the last two balls of wool that were on backorder.  The maize and nectarine colours are just so deliciously yummy, I can't wait to start working with them.

Things have been happening on the home/work front too.  It looks like we probably WON'T be moving to Chinchilla after all.  We're shifting gears in our minds about that one as we have sort of been planning for the past 6 months or so to move out there.

Hubby has heard from a mine in Central Queensland near Dysart and heads up there tomorrow for an induction so he'll be gone until Thursday at least.  He'll find out this week definately if the job is his and if he does get it he'll be working 4 days on / 4 days off. 

That will definately change the way things have been in our household lately and I'll really have to step up in looking after the kidlettes and being a lot more consistent in my dealing with them.
We'll see how things go before we decide if it will be better for us to continue living where we are or if we look at moving north.

I'm really struggling with blogging this week, probably because it has been such an up and down week and I haven't been in an entirely happy place.

Hopefully next week things will be different and I'll be back to blogging some more.

Until then, pop over to my sister's blogsite at Heartslandscapes and see what she's up to.  She's just been to Denmark and is currently in England so will update her blog about her travels when she can.  I'm full of envy as I haven't travelled overseas in nearly 8 years!!!!!!!

xx Susan

No comments: