Sunday, October 23, 2011

The party

I was very worried Saturday morning.  I had checked out the forecast all week and it was supposed to be sunny.

It wasn't.

We had rain and around the time we headed up to Skippy park to set up, the drizzle and showers started.

I was getting quite a bit upset because I felt for my little girl so much.  She so desperately wanted a party.


The food was laid out, people turned up, and the rain started to ease.  The kids were able to leave the shelter and play which was a huge relief.

We even had 3 visitors come and see what all the fuss was about.

 

The kangaroos were pretty exciting for the kids as some of them lined up at the fence and watched them bound off.  It is called Skippy Park for a reason.

 

Little Miss R was able to hop on her new bike and do some laps of the bike track.


Then of course it was cake time.  An absolutely delicious vanilla sponge with real cream.  Delicious!

I think I'll have to do a few laps around the track on my bike now just to feel better about eating a nice huge chunk of cake!

Enjoy your weekend.

xx Susan

No comments: