Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The end of our holiday

As holidays come to a close you seem to be torn in two.  I know I always am and that's because I want the holiday to continue but I'm also looking forward to getting home.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I'm sure I'm not the only one but when you're living in the moment it seems that no-one else feels like you do.

We had some fantastic days boating, kayaking, reading, crocheting (not as much as I'd like though), relaxing and just having a fantastic time.

For me it was being able to go to the toilet in peace because I had other's to help so I didn't hear the work 'mummy' screamed every 10 seconds.  I'm sure other mother's with young children know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.  Anyone who doesn't know, NEVER underestimate that one small luxury!


Even though the fishing wasn't great, we did manage to get some redclaw into the pots.

The storms and rain may have put a bit of a dampener on the holiday but it was so good to get away for awhile that I don't even really mind that.

Christmas is the next big thing for us, then Master M's fourth birthday in early January but I'm sure I'll be thinking of campfires and sunsets over the lake for awhile to come yet........

No comments: