Monday, January 16, 2012

2011: a review

I have been wanting to do a review of some of what 2011 brought to me.

This is not fully how I wanted to do it, in fact I don't really know how I had planned it, but this is what time has allowed for.

There was plenty of crochet in 2011, especially as I had 7 blankets to make for my nieces and nephews, as well as hubby's blanket and then some scarves for Little Miss R's teachers.

I sadly closed my salon in April because we were going to be moving to Chinchilla.  As you've probably worked out, we're still in the same place and still questioning whether to move or not!  Hmmmmm.....

2011 also saw me begin my grocery challenge where I had to feed my family for $80 per week.  I was so proud of myself that I achieved this quite easily (with a bit of planning) and also plenty of free fresh produce helped too.

There was a lot of cooking and baking to help me meet the challenge as well.  Funny how I've increased the grocery limit a bit and I'm not baking as much. 

Such a shame, maybe I'll do another challenge for 2012, even if it is just to get those wonderful baking aromas wafting through the house.

We also bought a new 4WD twin cab ute and a camper trailer so we could do some camping and spend some great time out and about as a family.

Cania Gorge and Boondooma Dam were the two places we went where we bushwalked, fished, kayaked, lazed about, built camp fires and just had some plain fantastic fun.  Definately more trips planned for 2012!

We love our camper trailer!

It was also the year that Little Miss R began school.

A year of watching my kidlettes grow so much.

A year of challenges, some changes and virtually constantly thinking about moving.  We're still here but we'll see what 2012 brings.

All in all it was a pretty good year.  I hope you all had a fantastic one too.

No comments: