Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Currently reading....

What do I do when hubby's gone back to work, the kids are feral because they're trapped inside with the constant rain, then tennis and cricket are finished, you have a house to tidy and a thousand other things on your list to do as well.

You read.

Yes, what a good idea!  I'm currently reading a couple of books but sport, crochet, kids etc all get in the way of that so I don't really get the chance to pick them up often.

Then I got to have a day to myself last Friday and just happened to find myself in a bookstore (as you do!)

I found this...

Dragon Keeper (The Rain Wild Chronicles)

I didn't even think twice about budgets or anything like that.  I snapped it up, paid for it and ran from the store before any guilt could be felt.  I'm happy to say that guilt didn't eventuate.
I love some of Robin Hobb's books.  She writes some of the most amazing characters, some you love, some you hate and some just make you really uncomfortable and your skin crawl. 

She wrote a previous series about some of these characters and the area that this book is set in.

I began it yesterday and have to say that I'm DEVOURING it. 

All else in my life but the essentials will be put on the back burner until it's finished.  Then I may just have to go shopping again to get the second book in the series.....

xx Susan

(You may have noticed a change to my blog.  I was getting a bit bored with the other one and thought something new would be good.  We'll see how long it takes me to get bored with this one!)

No comments: